With Mass, prayer, decorations, hot dogs and hamburgers, games and in the evening, the Patriotic Rosary.
If you want to join us in spirit, here is the link to the Rosary:
Prayer is as a Healing Water
Sign up: Living Jesus Chat — Membership
1. Prayer opens the understanding to the brightness of Divine Light, and the will to the warmth of Heavenly Love–nothing can so effectually purify the mind from its many ignorances, or the will from its perverse affections. It is as a healing water which causes the roots of our good desires to send forth fresh shoots, which washes away the soul’s imperfections, and allays the thirst of passion.
2. But especially I commend earnest mental prayer to you, more particularly such as bears upon the Life and Passion of our Lord. If you contemplate Him frequently in meditation, your whole soul will be filled with Him, you will grow in His Likeness, and your actions will be moulded on His. He is the Light of the world; therefore in Him, by Him, and for Him we shall be enlightened and illuminated; He is the Tree of Life, beneath the shadow of which we must find rest;–He is the Living Fountain of Jacob’s well, wherein we may wash away every stain. Children learn to speak by hearing their mother talk, and stammering forth their childish sounds in imitation; and so if we cleave to the Savior in meditation, listening to His words, watching His actions and intentions, we shall learn in time, through His Grace, to speak, act and will like Himself. Believe me, my child, there is no way to God save through this door. Just as the glass of a mirror would give no reflection save for the metal behind it, so neither could we here below contemplate the Godhead, were it not united to the Sacred Humanity of our Saviour, Whose Life and Death are the best, sweetest and most profitable subjects that we can possibly select for meditation. It is not without meaning that the Saviour calls Himself the Bread come down from Heaven;–just as we eat bread with all manner of other food, so we need to meditate and feed upon our Dear Lord in every prayer and action. His Life has been meditated and written about by various authors. I should specially commend to you the writings of Saint Bonaventura, Bellintani, Bruno, Capilla, Grenada and Da Ponte.
3. Give an hour every day to meditation before dinner;–if you can, let it be early in the morning, when your mind will be less cumbered, and fresh after the night’s rest. Do not spend more than an hour thus, unless specially advised to do so by your spiritual father.
4. If you can make your meditation quietly in church, it will be well, and no one, father or mother, husband or wife, can object to an hour spent there, and very probably you could not secure a time so free from interruption at home.
5. Begin all prayer, whether mental or vocal, by an act of the Presence of God. If you observe this rule strictly, you will soon see how useful it is.
6. It may help you to say the Creed, Lord’s Prayer, etc., in Latin, but you should also study them diligently in your own language, so as thoroughly to gather up the meaning of these holy words, which must be used fixing your thoughts steadily on their purport, not striving to say many words so much as seeking to say a few with your whole heart. One Our Father said devoutly is worth more than many prayers hurried over.
7. The Rosary is a useful devotion when rightly used, and there are various little books to teach this. It is well, too, to say pious Litanies, and the other vocal prayers appointed for the Hours and found in Manuals of devotion,–but if you have a gift for mental prayer, let that always take the chief place, so that if, having made that, you are hindered by business or any other cause from saying your wonted vocal prayers, do not be disturbed, but rest satisfied with saying the Lord’s Prayer, the Angelic Salutation, and the Creed after your meditation.
8. If, while saying vocal prayers, your heart feels drawn to mental prayer, do not resist it, but calmly let your mind fall into that channel, without troubling because you have not finished your appointed vocal prayers. The mental prayer you have substituted for them is more acceptable to God, and more profitable to your soul. I should make an exception of the Church’s Offices, if you are bound to say those by your vocation–in such a case these are your duty.
9. If it should happen that your morning goes by without the usual meditation, either owing to a pressure of business, or from any other cause, (which interruptions you should try to prevent as far as possible), try to repair the loss in the afternoon, but not immediately after a meal, or you will perhaps be drowsy, which is bad both for your meditation and your health. But if you are unable all day to make up for the omission, you must remedy it as far as may be by ejaculatory prayer, and by reading some spiritual book, together with an act of penitence for the neglect, together with a stedfast resolution to do better the next day.
Questions to Ponder:
Come to our Living Jesus Chat Room, 7:30 PM to 8:30 PM Eastern Time U.S
Novena Mass every evening at 730PM
Thur May 26 Rev Fr. Joy Alookaran
Fri May 27 Rev Msgr Joseph Nugent
Sat May 28 Rev Msgr John Maksymowicz
Sun May 29 Rev Fr Michael Perry
Mon May 30 Rev Fr Greg McIllenney
Tues May 31 Rev Msgr Kevin Noone
Wed June 1 Rev Msgr Steven Aggugia
Thur June 2 Rev Msgr Andrew Vaccari
Fri June 3 Rev Fr Josph Gibino
ALSO JOIN US FOR THE CORPUS CHRISTI PROCESSION 130PM in our Chapel, Sun May 29
The Bishop of the Diocese of Brooklyn holds an annual event at the Immaculate Conception Center for all jubilarians of the year. This year approximately 92 Sisters and Brothers celebrated anywhere from 25 to 75 years of religious life.
The Brooklyn Visitation Monastery’s Superior joined in the festivities as she is celebrating her Silver Jubilee (25 years). Please pray for her as she continues her mission!
Click above for entrance Procession Video
A former novice of our Monastery was inspired to write this prayer which has been approved by the Church.
JESUS OUR HOPE AND SALVATION PRAYER–
O JESUS we thank you that you are ever with us in this changing world.We Praise You as we celebrate memorials of Your Visitation. Hear our prayers and in Your Love, gather the lost pardon our sins, save us from evil. Lord Jesus,One with the Father and the Holy Spirit, grant us Your mercy now and at the end of time. O Mary, our Mother, pray for us.
NIHIL OBSTAT: Rev. Frederick L. Miller
February 24, 2016
IMPRIMATUR: +Most Rev. John J. Myers, J.C.D., D.D.
Archbishop of Newark
April 22, 2016
Devotion to the Blessed Sacrament Through Mary
Everyone is invited to visit Jesus in the Church or to offer a moment of prayer at a time you choose. Jesus is truly present in the Holy Eucharist, He is waiting for us.
PSALM 145 v. 1-3
I WILL EXTOL YOU, MY GOD AND KING; I WILL
BLESS YOUR NAME FOREVER.
Praise and Glory to Thee Almighty God our
Father, our Life andour Resurrection. – 2 Our Fathers
EVERY DAY I WILL BLESS YOU; I WILL PRAISE
YOUR NAME FOREVER.
Praise and Gloryto Thee Lord Jesus Christ,
our Hope and our Salvation.–2 Hail Marys
GREAT IS THE LORD, AND HIGHLY TO BE
PRAISED, AND HIS GREATNESS IS
Praise and Gloryto Thee O God Holy Spirit of
Wisdom and Love,teach us with Thyholy
Light. –2 Glory Be
OUR LADY OF MERCY,
CROWN OF 12 STARS PRAYER
(In this particular devotion, the Twelve Stars referto
the graces, privileges and charisms received by
OurLady from God.)
O Most Holy Trinity we adore Thee and welove
Thee for Thy great love and care. Time and
againThou hast saved us, Thou hast not
abandoned us; Thou hast prepared the
Immaculate Virgin Mary to be the Mother of
Jesus Christ our Lord, who saves us from
eternal damnation. Open our minds to know our
sins, open our hearts to receive Thy Love.
O holy Mary, Mother of Divine Mercy, look kindly
upon thy faithful children who cry to thee in
sorrow and pain. O Mother most pure, enfold
the world in thy mantle of mercy and bring us
into the light of thy Divine Son; pray for us the
grace of sincere repentance and the grace to be
so lovingly devoted to thee. May we come to
share that heavenly reward to praise and glorify
God forever, Amen.
O GOD OUR LOVING FATHER, praise and glory
to Thee for the great and wonderful gifts Thou hast bestowed unto the Blessed Virgin Mary, our
Mother. Grant us a strong Faith and Love for
Thee and our neighbor and the grace of perseverance.–Our Father; Glory Be
1*Praised be the Almighty Father, who chose
the Blessed Virgin Mary to be the Mother of
Jesus. –Hail Mary
2*Praised be the Almighty Father, who
preserved the Blessed Virgin Mary from the
stain of original sin. –Hail Mary
3*Praised be the Almighty Father, who Adorned
the most holy Virgin Mary witha fullness of grace.
4*Praised be the Almighty Father, who gave the Immaculate Virgin Mary a profound knowledge
of Divine mysteries. –Hail Mary
O LORD JESUS CHRIST most merciful Son ofGod,
praised be Thy Holy Name forever. Thou hast
giventhe Blessed Virgin Mary, Thy Mother to us.
May we call upon her Our Lady of Mercy, as we
journey in Hope to Thee. –Our Father, Glory Be
5*Praised be the Lord Jesus, who became
Incarnate by the Holy Spirit in the womb ofthe
most pure and holy Virgin Mary.–-Hail Mary
6*Praised be the Lord Jesus, whose perfect
example of charity is mirrored in the Immaculate
Heart of Mary. –Hail Mary
7*Praised be the Lord Jesus who by His merits,
the holy Virgin Mary, His Mother, is Mediatrix of
all graces; the channel of our peace with God.
8*Praised be the Lord Jesus, the holy Virgin
Mary, as the Mother of the Church, is the prime example of the obedience in Faith. –Hail Mary
O GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT, we Praise Thee. Through Thy power, the Blessed Virgin Mary
was both a Virgin and Mother. With the Virgin Mary, grant to us the Courage to proclaim and follow Thee in Truth; a heart to see God in the darkness of life.–Our Father, Glory Be
9*Praised be the Holy Spirit who made the Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of God, a model of
all virtues. —Hail Mary
10*Praised be the Holy Spirit whose indwelling
in the heart of the holy Virgin Mary set her afire with love of the living God.–Hail Mary
11*Praised be the Holy Spirit who strengthened
and sustained the Blessed Mary ever Virgin at
the foot of the Cross. –Hail Mary
12*Praised be the Holy Spirit through whom the Blessed Virgin Mary was exalted as Queen of Heaven and Earth. With all God’s people, let us acclaim:
O holy Mary, Virgin most merciful.
Mother of Christ, and our Mother.
Comfort of the afflicted, refuge of sinners.
Thou art the succor of our life,
the beacon to Eternal Joy.
O Lady of Mercy, the Lord has chosen thee
among all women,
— Mother of God, intercede for us. –Hail Mary
LET US PRAY.O most merciful Almighty God our
Father, we thank Thee for the grace of our
redemption through Christ Thy Son. Grant that
through prayersand devotion to His holy Virgin
Mother, Our Lady ofMercy, we may faithfully be
guided through the way of the Cross. Let us
recognizethatthe true liberty we longed for is
gained through repentance of our sins and
failures.Through this narrow door we come in
union with TheeO God andwith all Thy people. Everlasting Praise be to Christ, our Lord, who
suffered death on the Cross for our sins. May we
always praise and glorify Thee, Almighty God for
Thy Love, we askthis through our Lord Jesus
Christ, Thy Son, who lives and reignswith Thee
in the unity of theHoly Spirit, oneGod forever
and ever. Amen.
For the Church, sustain us in Faith – love for God and all people, the grace of conversion for
sinners. –Hail Holy Queen
V: Most Sacred Heart of Jesus (3x)
R: Have mercy on us.
O Mary conceived without sin.
Pray for us who have recourse to thee.
The annual Sacred Heart Novena of Masses at Visitation Monastery will begin Thursday May 26, 2016 and continue through Friday June 3, 2016, starting at 730PM each evening.
Please join us!
This week a woman from Singapore has arrived for retreat with a vocational possibility in mind.
Our new discernment program as mentioned in a previous post can be applied for after 3 private retreats here at the Monastery.
If you are considering a monastic vocation, we welcome your e mail or phone call.